Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Holy SWEET samples, Batman!

....an update from the GoFundMe Sweet Joyous campaign:
Sweet Joyous has "officially" been open now for one week! How exciting is that?! It's been a busy time prepping & preparing & baking & delivering sweet samples to my local community to build a clientele. I have offered over 500 mini cupcakes for tasting and it's all in the name of investing into this business. It's always been my passion to give and to share and it's a blessing to be able to sweeten things up! It's been a really sweet ride.

I haven't had an official order yet but there are some opportunities to display my cupcakes at some local events where at least it's another chance to get my name out there & Sweet Joyous cupcakes into someone's mouth! I am continuing on this journey and excited about every step; a little exhausted too, but I haven't lost motivation and passion.

This is my dream. And today something amazing happened; happenstance? Coincidence? I don't believe in those. So we'll just see where this leads...

Your generous donations have enabled me to get this far and I promise you I will succeed in this. I'm making life sweeter, one cupcake at a time!

THANK YOU! ♥

www.gofundme.com/sweetjoyous ~~ where I have reached my goal, but it's still an opportunity to give. This bakery isn't fully prepped yet but I'll get there... and it's a way for out of town people to still support even though they can't taste the sweet stuff ;) not yet...



 Life really has been pretty sweet. I have been really busy this past weekend preparing literally hundreds of samples and even catered a ladies luncheon at a church. It wasn't a "paying job" yet, but right now I am still in the mindset of giving to where I can and I believe it is an investment into what the future holds for Sweet Joyous. I barely got any sleep from Thursday on... Thursday to Saturday, only a mere six hours of sleep... and oh boy, did I get delirious! I took a four hour nap on Saturday afternoon then went back to it. I finished up what I could for that day and had all the batters prepped and baked up on Sunday. Then somewhere in there, I crashed, hard. Fifteen hours hard. Yikes. Like I had time for that! Lol ^_^

But I served up some ladies with super sweet treats ~ a selection of samples from my holiday menu. I think it turned out awesome! And that is saying a lot, considering how absolutely zombie I felt. 
All in the name of the biz!


What I've been prepping for is what you see above ~ all those tiny, adorable, cute little pink bags full of a sweet surprise. I created enough cupcakes throughout the weekend ~ in a little something I call the "Mega Bake Mini 600" ~ and I packaged these cute little sweet treats into perfectly pink bags & tied them up with raffia & a note. I delivered these throughout the day in my local community. I am targeting on my business clientele right now and hoping to cater to some holiday office parties or gift ideas. I got a little discouraged at first. But my best friend in the whole wide Universe was right there to cheer me on and encourage me to continue with a smile. Thank you, Sissy. You truly are the best

I got a lot of good response. I got a few really appreciative thank you's. I made some face-to-face contact. Best of all ~ Sweet Joyous cupcakes are all over town now! Eeek! YAY!

Also.... this will give you something to come back to... I got a crazy 'right place at the right time' kinda offer today. I'm not sure where I'm going with it quite yet or what it's meant to mean. But I'm a firm believer in all things happening for a reason, and in their season... And oh boy. This could be something. This could be IT. Only time will tell.... 

Keep in touch with Sweet Joyous on facebook where I am most current with updates and posts and pictures. You can contact me through my page to place an order. Local deliveries only, right now. 

I am continuously beyond gracious for every single one of you out there supporting me. Even tonight I was blessed by a generous offering of love in the form of a donation and a touching outreach of love and virtual hugs. My facebook page got 30 new "likes" today and my lastest post there reached 537 people today. Wow! It's happening! 

Thanks for being along for such a sweet ride.

The Sweet surprise inside!




1 comment:

  1. I love you!!!! I'm so proud of you and think you are amazing! Your cupcakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete